Monday, March 10, 2014

Cricut Imagine and FCCB challenge

This week's challenge on the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog is to create a project based on the sketch below:

I decided to use my Cricut Imagine since it had been a while since I had played with my big boy.  Originally I had put together a really sweet card using Lori's Garden but wouldn't you know it, my ink was running out so the colors printed weird.  I put in a new ink cartridge and ran my project again but this time the print/ blade calibration was out of whack.  I tried everything short of kicking the machine, but I couldn't get it back on track so I changed my design to graphics that did not require precision alignment like the ornate images on Lori's Garden.  Instead, I used the Imagine Cartridge "Word of Mouth" to make this card:
While it did not turn out as kitchy as I had hoped I think the artwork for this cut is really cute.  I had to do a lot of "fudging" to cover up the exaggerated white edges and short margins that resulted from poor print/ blade alignment.  I used brown chalk ink to cover up the white edges.  In hind sight, I should have gone back and created a larger circle to compensate for the awkward negative space on the right but I was frustrated and kind of sad that my Imagine was declining.

I knew this day would come sooner or later, I just didn't think it would come so soon.  I am praying that the machine will regain its functionality if it stays off for a couple of days. Once I find a bit of time to research fixes online, I will say a little prayer and take another pass at getting the print/ cut alignment fixed. 

2 comments:

  1. Love it and that you used the Imagine. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card turned out great! One would never know you had so many troubled - it looks wonderful! Hope things get better with your machine :)

    ReplyDelete