Sunday, September 15, 2013

CRI-kits and MAR-kits Pens are Super, Duper Fun


This week's challenge on the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog
is A,B,C's and 1,2,3's. I decided to use my CRI-kit and MAR-kit pens in conjunction with chipboard letters.  I wanted to create a sort of "old school" look while playing with the A,B,C motif. 

I made a card for my daughter which she *LOVED*!  The design was whimsical enough that it gave me an opportunity to use some of my of the products I have been hoarding like baker's twine, 6 x 6" paper pads and notebook style scrapbooking paper.

This was the first time I had used the font from the Cricut cartridge "Designer's Calendar."  Instead of cutting out my words, I used the Mar-kits to draw them.  Then I went back over the words with a black CRI-kit gel pen to outline each letter.

It took me a minute or two to figure out the nuances of the various font options.  The letters vary in proportions and spacing so I used my gypsy to adjust the kerning and sizes to get the look I wanted.  To keep the script flowing like handwriting, I welded the letters together.

The interior of the card reads "D is for daughter.  I love you my sweet girl... from a to z and back again!"

Click the icon below to purchase a set of CRI-kits and/ or Mar-kits.  They are so easy to use and have a spectacular look on Cricut projects!


5 comments:

  1. Great project, Jilliene! Love how you used both the markers and pens. Such a sweet card for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, I really like how you did the lettering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A is for awesome card :)

    Have a great week

    Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous design! I like all this. Custom Pens You've found the best promotional pens made in the USA. These custom pens are the best ideas for promotional product pens because you are not just getting cheap promotional pens, you are getting printed promotional pens with your logo. You can get these promotional pens printed with business logo or promote your brand with any design of your choice for unique custom pens. These low cost promotional pens make great personalized business gift ideas. Custom pens is a great way to stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the pens-such an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete