Sunday, January 13, 2013

Winter CHA and a Looooong Winter's Nap...

I guess I took "Twas the Night Before Christmas" a little too literally because I have been hibernating from my blog for far too long.  It has been a very busy holiday season and today marks the very first day in more than 2 months that I am not moving from one deadline, activity or project, to the next.  I've missed my creative world and am so delighted that my reemergence coincides with Winter CHA.  There is so much to get excited about!

Check out Jenny's blog at Craft Dummies to see her favorites.  I am chomping at the bit to learn more about W R Memory Makers Envelope Punch Board:
Envelope Punch Board
Now it’s even easier to create custom envelopes in over 60 different sizes with any paper you choose.
The Envelope Punch Board is the easiest way to create envelopes. It helps you create envelopes without having to trim your paper multiple times and the handy score guide eliminates the need for repeated measuring.Simply select your envelope size, trim your paper once, and then follow the grid printed on the board to punch, score, rotate, and fold. The Envelope Punch Board includes a bone folder (stored conveniently on the Punch Board), measurement chart, and a corner rounding punch. The Envelope Punch Board (MSRP $19.99) is available in January.
Check out this video to learn more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxZnY8ACNk
I am also plotting to get back into some mixed media after learning about Faber Castell's new Gelato colors and tools:

I have all their other color sets looking really pretty in a drawer. Sigh.   
I resolve that this year I will create more, take more risks and make authentic art!

Even though I was busy, busy, busy these last couple of months, I somehow found time to make a few purchases which I have yet to touch.  I picked up some Mister Huey sprays and some awesome masks; a couple Fancy Pants Brag Books and a Soft Spoken bundle of embellishments that will be awesome in a cluster.  I also went through all of my photos to make brag books for Grandparent Christmas gifts and ended up making copies for me.  Now I have a stack of photos, many selected to go with specific, "on hand" paper and embellishments, just waiting for some attention.

On a glum note, I haven't used my Cricut in months.  Unfortunately, my "baby" became a extra surface where I stacked my bows/ tissue paper crate and empty Amazon boxes. I just put all that stuff away and intend to fire up my machine very soon.

I'll start posting more cartridge overviews, updating the cartridge library, sharing more Cricut creations and blogging more crafty thoughts moving forward.  I hope you all had a great holiday season and are off to a fabulous 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment