Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Button Blooms Still Making People Smile


Last year my Etsy shop focus evolved from my own creations, kits and button blooms into the vintage market. My vintage business is doing great and it is so much fun going on treasure hunts to find new inventory as well as matching wonderful people with enchanting pieces. That said, I am so very glad that there is still interest in my hand made jewelry, upcycled purses and custom designed button blooms. Without them, I wouldn't feel like an artisan member of Etsy. I would feel more like a supplier managing spreadsheets which is not what I wanted to be when I grew up for sure!

I just assembled an order of button blooms for a wonderful woman who is decorating a room in her house for her grandchildren and her daughter's foster kids. She wants "everything bright and cheery." I make my blooms to order so she gave me an idea of what she wanted and I put them together but before I shipped them off I sent her photos of the blooms to get her feedback on the color scheme and design. I wanted to make sure that I brought her vision to life. This is the email she sent me upon seeing the photos:
"Jilliene, I absolutely adore the button blooms. Truly, I have never seen button flowers until I started shopping etsy and I looked at alot of button flowers before I chose yours. Yours are the brightest, cheerest and happiest on the etsy market. I have been sick these last few days, so flowers in my mailbox will be delightful and just the pick-me-up that I need.
Sincerely, Suzanne"
I can not tell you the joy that this email gave me today. It just feels so good to touch another person with your work. I am so blessed to have passion for a profession that is so rewarding. Truly blessed...

2 comments: