Friday, August 28, 2009

Last Day of Summer Vacation


Aidan started first grade on Wednesday. He returned home to tell me that it was the best day of his life! Isn't that wonderful?

Eva begins her second year of preschool on Monday. I am so happy that I felt well enough to enjoy her last day of vacation with her. I cannot believe how much easier it is to hang out with just one child. Of course I had it easy because Eva was thrilled that mommy was up and around and that she had me all to herself! We did a little of this and that - play dough, painting, coloring and such- and then my overwhelming need to create took over and we made these adorable aprons:

Eva was my designer while I did the cutting, sewing and gluing. My apron is made from a pair of Tim's old work jeans and Eva's is made from a too-small pair of Aidan's. I let Eva loose in my stash and she selected the lace, ribbon and embellishments so these are Eva originals. I just think they are darling!

Then we had a photo shoot in the backyard using the tri-pod. Its been a great day because I got to hang out with my very best friend doing my very favorite things and I'm mobile!

2 comments:

  1. I already commented on Facebook but I know how we crafty bloggers love our comments. :) So hooray to Stylist Eva and hooray to you! I'm so happy that you're feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable!! Following her mommy's footsteps. So much fun.

    Pictures are fantastic. Love the hand holding.

    You have been on my mind constantly.

    jen

    ReplyDelete