Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tissue album and Organic Backgrounds

The last couple of days I have been working on a new project - a tissue paper album. It is super delicate and dainty and very different from my usual scrapbooking style. I used flowers and ribbon to attach three sewn tissue signatures together. I added transparencies, fabric squares and other papers for color, dimension and character. The lace came from a shirt I bought at the thrift shop for $2.00. I've got a lot more to do but I couldn't wait to post pictures because it has been so much fun to work on!




I am loving my organic backgrounds class with Paulette Insall. She is such a great teacher and it is such a delight to be encouraged to create intuitively rather than by principles and techniques.

I haven't had a chance to start our week 2 lesson, but here is the first layer from Week 1's lesson. By the time the class ends, my paintings will have 5 layers of paint, collage and detail.




1 comment: