Saturday, April 19, 2008

and one more thing...


i just had to post this. i had the best time working this out. it isn't perfect by any means but i'm learning and i'm having fun! I'm still struggling with the nose - i just don't get them. ironic really since i just had major re-constructive surgery last month.

I used a nib with black ink to outline the lettering and it bled through in some places. I should have gessoed the page - the writing was a last minute impulse to counterbalance the drawing and to detail what I learned. I ended up damaging the pencil sketch I did last night which i hadn't photographed yet. It was an ode to noses. The text reads:

THOSE DARN NOSES. SURE MY EYE LIDS ARE HEAVY; MY LIPS AREN'T VERY LIFELIKE; I HAVEN'T REALLY GOTTEN A HANDLE ON HAIR, BUT THE NOSE IS A COMPLETE MYSTERY. I GET THE BRIDGE AND THE NOSTRILS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES, BUT I JUST DON'T GET THE CURVES AND CREVICES. IT WILL COME WITH PRACTICE AND STUDY. I AM SO HAPPY I AM TRYING, EXPLORING, WILLING TO NOT BE GOOD. JUST FOR NOW,THOUGH.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful stuff Jillene!!!! Sorry we didn't get to hang out more at Inspired! What a whirlwind, I can guarantee we will both be there next year!!!

    zanne

    ReplyDelete