Tuesday, October 30, 2007

yeah baby! I'm "Inspired!"

I was a really disappointed last Friday when I still hadn't received my lottery notification from Creative Escape so I started scouring the message boards to see if anyone had been notified. I found out that there had been many scrapbookers that had received the lucky email and my heart grew heavy with the knowledge that there was not much chance I would be attending CE in 2008.
But to my good fortune I stumbled onto a posting about Donna Downey's Inspired Artist Workshop so I decided to check it out and WOW! I love that there are a variety of different artists teaching and that the projects are so far outside my comfort zone. I signed up with my best scrapper pal Corvus and we've been giddy ever since. Just a couple days later I got a call from Bill Downey, Donna's husband, to welcome me and let me know that he is available to answer questions and assist in anyway. In addition to the 6 - 3 hour classes there will be optional workshops each night and Ali is attending as a student - Yeah! The icing on the cake is that one of my dearest friends in the world moved to Charlotte just a little over a year ago and I miss her soooooo much! Now I'll get a chance to see her new house and give her the big fat hug I've been saving for her all these months. I'm coming to see you Jen!

No comments:

Post a Comment